Deny Them Our Presence by Sankofa Student Consultants


While completing a personal history statement, as a part of a background check, to work in government service, I realized the only reason I stayed out of trouble was by keeping my butt in the house.  After a recent outing with my father, I noticed that every time I go out in mostly “white spaces,” I have to either swallow my pride or risk going off on someone due to their disrespect.  

As an introvert,  my quality of life is not reduced one bit by staying in the house.  I finish a lot of books, I chronicle my ideas, I create, I publish, and overall I plan for the type of future I would like to see for myself and my community. Unfortunately, many of my extroverted friends cannot contemplate such a stationary life but I believe it would enhance the quality of our collective lives to the third power.  

By staying indoors, we can give the much needed attention to the needs of our community, while at the same time, denying our enemies the opportunities to destroy us for simply existing.  When conflict occurs between us and non-African Americans, we are not usually the first people to call the police, and when we do, we are usually the people harassed by the police when they arrive.  Unfortunately, if we do no call the police first, our reports may not be recorded as we will appear as the aggressive party.  

My suggestion for the betterment of our nation, is to go underground; to unite in personal indoors spaces, and plan for our collective progression into the future.  This is how we safeguard our creations until we own them. Events should be get togethers in our homes.  Food should be bought at black-owned establishments.  This is how begin cultivating a buy black, love black, environment.  We go to work, We come home.  While we do this, we deny giving our enemies the opportunity to oppress and degrade us.  We stop supporting businesses which do not support our communities.  If we must, we should have “black day” events when we go on public outings.  We deny them the opportunity to kill us.  We deny them the opportunity to arrest us.  Once they no longer have us to attack, they will begin attacking each other again because violence is in their nature.

To some, this may seem like a punishment which diminishes our quality of life, but I must reiterate, such a campaign would enhance the quality of our collective lives to the third degree.  


I invite you to begin the conversation of how to create personal spaces for the betterment of our nation in this communal public discussion here on my blog and/or at www.SankofaStudent.com; where our only goal is the unification of our nation through education.  And remember, country borders are drawn in blood; where ever there are people willing to spill their blood for liberation, new borders are drawn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Give Your Child A Chance by Sankofa Student Consultants

Benefits of an Afro-Centric Curriculum by Sankofa Student Consultants

A Plea to Afro-Centric Writers by Sankofa Student Consultants